Sunday, April 10, 2016

Post #11: Bug Spray

Summer's on it's way and we all know what that means.. bugs! Our lovely little insect friends who love to suck our blood and leave ugly red bites. Luckily essential oils hold a solution. 


In a 4oz spray bottle I mixed together 12 drops purification eo, 8 drops peppermint eo, 6 drops lavender (mosquitos HATE lavender), and 4 drops thieves eo with 1/2 ounce witch hazel (gives it sticking power), and filtered water. Put the spray top on and mix together. 


It's still a little early for bugs to be out, but I'm certain from all the testimonies I've read from other essential oil enthusiasts that this combination will do the trick.

According to Claire from the a little CLAIREification blog "I did a little research and found loads of ways to make my own Homemade Bug Spray and they pretty much all contain the same base ingredients above – witch hazel and water –  as well as a combination of essential oils(she used peppermint, lavender, and thieves), so I whipped some up right away and it was so easy. I wanted to try it for a week to be sure it worked and I am thrilled to report it works like a charm! I am so happy and also can’t believe I didn’t do this before.  No harmful chemicals and less money in the long run too.  You can also use your own favorite combination of essential oils which is great."

There's quite a few essential oils mosquitos don't like. They include rosemary, cinnamon, citronella, clove, bergamot, geranium, lavender, eucalyptus, cedar wood, peppermint, lemongrass, basil, and thyme. You can pick your favorites and make your own natural bug spray! Just be sure to mix before every use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment