Sunday, April 17, 2016

Post #12: Homemade Neosporin


Last Sunday, I was stopping by my neighbor's house when her little wiener dog ran out the door. In fear that it was going to run to the street, I stuck my hand down to stop him/ pet him. Well this was a mistake. Being the over-protective little dog he is, he attempted to bite my hand. Luckily he just grazed my palm leaving a little slice, I didn't think much of it until later that night after working outside it had become red, hurting, and filled with puss. 

In fear that it would continue to get infected I went ahead and opened it up and drained it, sorry if that's too much information. After doing so I cleaned with alcohol and put on some of my homemade Neosporin on it. 

To my surprise the next morning the redness had all but vanished and the skin was nearly completely healed over.  It was amazing!

This mixture is something every one needs to have in their arsenal. The essential oils in the recipe are great anti-biotics, anti-virals, anti-fungals, and anti-inflammatories. Even coconut oil has anti-viral properties. It can be used on cuts, scrapes, burns, and even diaper rashes. 

Ingredients: 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup almond oil, 1- 1oz bar of beeswax, 30 drops melaleuca, 20 lavender, and 20 frankincense. 

To make melt the first three ingredients slowly and let cool before adding your essential oils. This recipe filled one half-pint mason jar and a small travel size bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment